Opportunity International’s partner in Nicaragua, locally known as Asociación de Oportunidad y Desarrollo Económico de Nicaragua (ASODENIC) has been working as a microfinance not-for-profit organization since 1995. ASODENIC services poor entrepreneurs with loans and training through 13 offices across the country.
ASODENIC would like to strengthen the operations of three of their current branches in 2017 – in the cities of Jinotega, Masaya and Managua.
In 2017 we will be piloting a new program to strengthen the operations of the branches in these cities and 13 communities in which they serve.
INTRODUCING COMMUNITY IMPACT FUNDS
Our goal is to raise $130,000 through 13 Community Impact Fund partnerships of $10,000 each. These funds will enable our local partner to strengthen their programs and see a 7% growth of clients across these three cities and add 430 new clients.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Giving a small loan to mothers provides an effective and sustainable way to help them leave poverty behind. A Community Impact Fund is able to provide 35 small loans and support to a neighbourhood. Each loan supports an average family size of five, that means 175 people are helped on their way out of poverty.
- Opportunity works with local microfinance partner, ASODENIC, to deliver small loans to mothers. Through this partnership, we leverage every hand up. This means that for each dollar you give, more than one dollar ends up in the hands of those who need it most.
- With a small loan to start a small shop or purchase equipment to start a business, families are able to transform their lives and their children’s futures. Since 99% of loans are repaid and recycled, the impact creates a ripple effect within their family and community.
- With the simple act of a hand up, a cost-effective and sustainable solution is set in motion, helping more families work their way out poverty and transform their lives.
- Donate towards one of our open Community Impact Funds today!
Community Impact Funds provide a catalyst for the transformation of individuals, families, communities and ultimately nations. Thanks to your giving, community members receive holistic support from loan officers who not only provide them with a hand up, but also deliver additional support to enable:
- Increased empowerment
- Decreased vulnerability
- Increased income and business growth
- Increased access to children’s education
- Increased access to sanitation and safe drinking water
- Increased access to healthcare
We don’t stop with microfinance. As well as small loans, we provide people in poverty with non-financial services and training to strengthen their businesses and develop their communities. Because loans are repaid and lent out again, each donation can go on to help more and more families out of poverty over time.
RIGHT NOW YOU CAN SPONSOR THE FULFILLMENT OF DREAMS
If you would like to be part of this unquie opportunity and support a whole community or split the cost between yourself, friends, family or work colleagues - contact Andrew MacDonald at email@example.com.