Thank you to so many that joined our events in Alberta for our annual IVT (International Visitors Tour). It was an amazing week of celebration and storytelling about how our partnerships are creating lasting change in the lives of thousand’s.
Lives like Samantha! We learned that Samantha is a young girl who has learning challenges and may not be able to remain in school because of these challenges. Jim Frantz, and our partner Investing Hope Foundation in Colombia, told us the story of Samantha’s development through our work. She had minimal communication, no math ability and minimal social abilities. Now she is selling her products (candy kabobs!), doing math by subtracting expenses and becoming the best saver in her class! Way to go Samantha! Way to go Investing Hope! Way to go partnership!
Thank you for helping make these events such a success. Here are some highlights of our Alberta events.
- We raised over $165,000 after event expenses (if you wanted to give but missed the chance click here)
- We had over 250 people attend two lunches
- We had many new people engaged with our work
- New Rotary connections and invitations – we love Rotary!
- Many inquiries about Insight Trips and hosting Lunch and Learn experiences
We could not have put these events together without our many familiar and new sponsors.
- Event: Legacy Kitchens; CanWest and Advance Flooring
- Silver: CIBC Wood Gundy R&R Investments; Jim David
- Gift: Foothills Alliance Church
- Table: Sauras Heaters; The Gift Designers; Partners in Deed; The CFO Centre; Maglin Furniture; Essential Impact; Sun River Resorts; Neufeld Capital; Joyful Living Joyful Giving Foundation; H.A. McLean & Family Enterprises Ltd.; Tod & Laura Hughes; Pete Thorpe; Chuck Hamel; Tyler & Jenny Barrett
- IVT Guests Welcome: Ambrose University